Have you had a hard time getting your children to read? We decided to arrange our corner into an area where our kids could get away and read. We packed library books into bins and put them next to the couch and purchased some fun chairs to add some excitement. It has also become sort of a ‘cool down’ space when someone is needing it. Reading has become ‘cool’ again!
|Closed reading nook|
|Open reading nook|
|Reading in the reading nook|
- We used hooks that can stick to the ceiling rather than drilling holes.
- We used matching top sheets that my kids don’t really use.
- We attached the sheet to the hooks with simple clasps,
- I secured the sheets to the middle hook with some quick hand stitches, needle and thread.
- We display children’s art in the corner.
- It helps for Mom or Dad to go into the Nook and read too!
|For ALL ages!|